Friday, March 26, 2010

BLOOMIN' MATH

We started this off with painting 10 flowers and 2 butterflies(I found popsicle sticks with flower shapes on the top at the $ store). I then programmed the flowers from 1-10. I also wanted to use these with my 1st grader and Kindergartner so I programmed the 2 butterflies with addition and subtraction signs.

Items needed are: the flowers and butterflies, 2 plastic flower pots, craft foam(for in 1 of the pots, cut it to size), and seeds(brown pompoms)

I use one of the pots to hold all the seeds and the other to insert the flowers.


Now for the fun...the children can insert the flowers to practice number recognition and counting by placing the correct number of seed to grow the flower and for the older kids they can practice their addition skills.

1 comment:

Daisy Day said...

Wow! I do love your site!! What amazingly cute and cleaver ideas. Thank you so much! We are home all day today on a rainy day and we really needed something to do. Now we have plenty of ideas. Thank you again.